So I decided to do a trial run of trying to put almost 2 weeks of clothes into what most people would consider to be a hand carry-on sized luggage…and I completely failed to get it all in there! I didn’t even have the chance to put shoes, toiletries, and camera accessories in the luggage…oh boy! I’m in trouble. This is going to be a challenge! But the green side of my personality gets excited about these challenges and the orange side wants me to pack a swimsuit and just wing it in Thailand! (For all you True Colors fans out there…you know what I’m talking about!) So here I am…instead of re-packing I’m blogging about it!
So what are the essentials for Southeast Asia in August when it’s 85F and rainy season?
Maybe the alphabet essentials:
- Attitude: It’s going to be Amazing no matter what!
- Be ready But also Be flexible
- Clear the media cards so I can Capture all the memories
- Don’t fill the luggage…save room for gifts to bring home
- Everything will be fine Even if some things get left behind
- Forget being prepared for everything…it will be Fabulous
- Have fun!
- It’s going to work out no matter what
- Just breath
- Keep the essentials
- Live each day to the fullest
- Make time to just enjoy the Moments
- Now is all that matters, Never worry about the future until it becomes Now
- Opportunities like this don’t come every day
- Practice gratitude
- Quality Quiet time is a must
- Remember to leave a place better than the way you found it
- Service is the number 1 purpose of this trip
- This is going to be a Time to remember
- Underestimate what you will need for 3.5 weeks
- View this as a learning experience-expect the unexpected (embrace the ambiguity)
- Wake up everyday ready to make things happen
- Xpect to try new things
- You can do it!